Saturday, April 27, 2013

Prompt 12: On the Verge

So. Mr. Coffee. I know in class that we discussed he could be the spirit of death, and I totally agree with this. At first I thought that maybe he was fate or destiny, but there are too many references to death for him not to be either of those. He knows the Grover is dead since he took his soul away when Grover committed suicide by jumping off a grain silo. He makes the remark that Fanny's dream about Grover was him saying goodbye. I believe he knows Fanny because he came looking for her when Grover originally declared her dead. I think Mr. Coffee is here to let Fanny know that her husband didn't make it and that he re-married after declaring her dead. Although, what I can't get over is why he is there to only give her that information/have a chat with her and not take her soul? Usually death means that you're going to die, so why didn't Mr. Coffee claim her soul then? Why did he visit her only once and plan to be back for her later. I don't know. It's something that's confused me. Anyone have any suggestions?

So I realized I did this and forget to do the first part. My poster would contain the image of a clock, but no numbers. Where the number would be I would take words from the play that no everyone may know to pique their interest. The clock hands would point to any two or the same word as the hands moved combining words that would either go well together or not make any sense. The background of the clock would be a map of where the ladies travel, and the full background would be black filled with stars. The poster would represent time and space itself along with discovers that they made along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment